Blacktown Arts is actively monitoring the COVID-19 situation and will ensure that we remain a safe and welcoming space.
As of 18 March 2020, we will temporarily suspend all upcoming public programs and events, including:
- open studio
- i am Blacktown launch
- Dark Passage with Julie Vulcan
- young artist club
- en plein air
- tracks partnering with FBi Radio
Our two public exhibitions – Terra inFirma and I am Blacktown – are currently open for public viewing. To ensure all visitor safety we are:
- increasing our cleaning measures
- limiting visitor numbers
- encouraging people with cold-like symptoms to stay at home and seek medical attention
- offering access to QR codes on personal devices for current exhibitions
- replacing all electronic and written surveys with email surveys for those who want to provide feedback
- monitoring and responding to the advice of public health authorities.
Please note that we are currently reviewing our options and working closely with artists to provide digital alternatives to your favourite public programs, and will provide further updates as relevant.
Our Blacktown Arts staff is available over the phone on 9839 6558 to answer any queries and provide support.
You can also stay up to date on the situation by following us on Facebook and Instagram: @BlacktownArts.
For the broader response from Blacktown City Council, please visit the Council website at
We thank you for your understanding and patience,
More information about COVID-19:
More information on COVID-19 is available at: health.nsw.gov.au