The Leo Kelly Blacktown Arts Centre will be reopening from 16 June 2020, 10.00 am – 5.00 pm Tuesday – Friday. The decision to reopen has been carefully planned by Blacktown City Council’s Safety and Blacktown Arts Centre management teams. It is our duty of care and highest priority to protect our community and staff.
Reopening our Arts Centre will not mean going back to the way things were pre-COVID-19; it will mean putting in place the ‘new normal’ approach to our services.
This approach includes:
- physical distancing measures
- restrictions on people within the gallery
- safe handling of physical materials
- sanitising objects and surfaces.
We will also have restrictions for opening days and programs, with a staggered approach to reopening and a gradual resumption of public programs over a 3-month period.
Reopening and a gradual resumption of public programs
- 16 June – The Leo Kelly Blacktown Arts Centre reopens to the public 10.00 am – 5.00 pm Tuesday – Friday with limited programs and ongoing digital presence
- 1 August – the Leo Kelly Blacktown Arts Centre open to the public Tuesday-to-Saturday and resumes more public programs
- 1 September – The Leo Kelly Blacktown Arts Centre resumes full public program of activities in line with Government and Public Health Guidelines.
As with many public venues at present, Blacktown Arts Centre is legally obligated by NSW Health to collect information that would assist in COVID-19 tracing. Therefore, we kindly ask that, when you come to our Centre, you register your visit at the front desk by providing your name, phone number and/or email address.
We are very excited to welcome our community back to The Leo Kelly Blacktown Arts Centre, and look forward to connecting with you all again. If you have any queries or concerns our staff are available over the phone on 9839 6558 to answer any questions and offer our support.