Saturday 14 & 21 November 2020, 10 am – 1 pm
In this workshop, local artist Joy Adan introduces you to brush lettering tools and techniques, and goes through the different ways you can use words to make art and create your own lettering style.
You will work on Christmas-themed projects so you can start making hand-lettered gifts and cards for the festive season. You’ll get to take home some projects so you can continue your brush lettering journey long after the class has ended.
No previous knowledge of or experience in brush lettering required – just come with an open mind and the willingness to give it a go.
What is covered
- An introduction to basic brush lettering strokes
- Constructing the alphabet
- Lettering tools (the budget-friendly way to keep up this fun hobby)
- Projects to complete in class and continue at home
- Basic materials will be provided during the workshop. You also have the option to purchase a personalised Beginners Brush Lettering Kit containing a variety of brush pens to get you started. This can be purchased in advance or at the workshop on the day. The kit costs $35 and full details are available here.
- You are also welcome to bring your own brush markers if you already own them.
Cost: $35 per session
Facilitator: Joy Adan
Joy Adan is a Filipino-Australian writer and emerging artist from Western Sydney. A business journalist by day and lettering enthusiast by night, she combines empowering words with paintbrushes and pens to create compelling pieces designed to empower and uplift readers. As a coffee-drinking, book-devouring, ocean-obsessed mum of two, you’ll find some of her stories and art online at findingjoy.com.au, along with anecdotes of her attempt at balancing her creative career with a messy, fulfilling family life.