Help shape the future of Blacktown Arts
Love Blacktown? Want to play a part in developing our vibrant arts and culture sector? We are looking for passionate people to join the Blacktown City Council Arts Advisory Committee.
Who you are:
- a local artist or cultural worker
- a Blacktown City local who loves the arts
- an industry leader from the broader Sydney arts and cultural sector with knowledge and experience to share
What the Committee does:
- provides advice to Council on arts and cultural policy development
- provides advice on how to consult with and engage local communities
- discusses ways to improve Council services and facilities
- recommends strategies for increasing access to and knowledge of arts and culture among Blacktown’s residents, students and workers
- responds to the goals and strategies of Council’s Cultural Plan
- acts as ambassadors for Council’s arts program in Blacktown’s communities
Four meetings are held each year. Meetings take place at The Leo Kelly Blacktown Arts Centre and members can also attend remotely through Zoom.
‘As an artist and arts education professional, membership of the Committee has been a worthwhile and rewarding experience which has given me an opportunity to support and grow the activities, events and work of local artists.
‘It has also allowed me to gain a deeper understanding of my own creative practice in the broader context of the creative industries.’
– Alexandra Byrne, local artist and arts professional, winner 2015 Blacktown City Art Prize
- demonstrated interest in and experience or knowledge of the arts
- ability to achieve objectives in a team environment
- lives, works or studies in Blacktown (including representatives of organisations)
- diversity – representative of the Blacktown City community (including different suburbs, ages, backgrounds, experiences, qualifications and artform knowledge)
- professional industry leader in a particular arts/cultural sector (can be from outside Blacktown)
28 July 2020, 9 am – Nominations open
14 August 2020, 5 pm – Nominations close
October 2020 – Successful nominees notified
Early 2021 – First Committee meeting for new members
How to apply
Fill out and submit the form below.
Download a PDF nomination form and return via email or post to Alicia Talbot, Manager Arts and Cultural Development
Post: PO Box 63 Blacktown NSW 2148